Capital Campaign & Development Associate
Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and fund development planning, fundraising training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Our team has experience raising more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors, and we work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are starting our fifth year as a quickly growing startup.
We have a BIG Vision.
Our vision is to help as many worthy nonprofit missions and corporate philanthropic strategies/foundations go from start up to growth and maturity and to scale our company to expand the capacity that we are able to serve.
We need a strong Development Associate.
The Associate will devote 80% of their time to supporting our client work and 20% of their time supporting our company growth. The Associate will work directly with the Founder/CEO of the company and collaborate with The Root Agency team. The Associate will offer support with all client onboarding, prospect research, preparation of proprietary materials and tools for client meetings and activities. In addition, in this role, the Associate will support client training and implementation of strategic planning, fund development planning, fundraising, and donor centric communications. The Associate we are currently hiring for will help direct three Capital Campaigns. The role is client-facing to queue meetings, draft materials, facilitate proprietary processes and conduct trainings.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional, Client, and Business Growth.
• Schedule and facilitate client meetings for three to six clients
• Onboard new clients
• Set Annual Plan, Capital Campaign Plan and 90-Day objectives for each assigned client
• Prepare proprietary materials and tools and and conduct trainings and development
activities for clients and prospective clients
• Manage and implement The Root Agency proprietary Service Delivery Setup and
Capital Campaign Processes which includes all fund development evaluation, analysis,
planning, and material preparation processes and implementation support
• Manage and implement The Root Agency proprietary Service Delivery
Process to include ongoing fund development implementation support, annual
reporting, strategic and operational planning processes, and Capital Campaign
• Complete internal documentation of Capital Campaign & Development Associate processes and assist in modifying systems for operational efficiency
• Perform basic administrative duties such as digital filing, data entry, and scheduling
• Manage web training technology as needed
• Research and write blog entries that are in alignment with The Root Agency business development plan
• All other duties as assigned
We embrace a Hybrid Model.
We are physically located in Clearwater, FL, yet our clients stretch across 10 states. Our team members are located across the US. This role may require up to 50% of time traveling out of state to client sites, training, conferences, and company retreats when safe to do so.
Are You the Right Fit?
• BA/BS degree or similar college education (preferably in communications, public relations, nonprofit management and/or marketing) with 2 years experience as a development coordinator or similar role; Capital Campaign experience preferred
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast- paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Ability to identify challenges, independently perform research, and recommend strategy and process improvement
• Excellent writing, editing, design, and formal presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit fundraising, corporate philanthropic strategy,
and/or Capital Campaigns
• Passion and ownership of your work with the desire to meet the high expectations required for a fast-growing business
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive,
Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software platforms
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Asana, CRM, fundraising software, and Donor
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position is $45,000-$85,000, depending on experience. 2 weeks PTO plus a week off at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off in December and generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: Immediate
To apply please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Part I:
a. Cover Letter and Resume with applicable fundraising results
• Part II: (Video or Written Submission)
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Why are you the best person for this job?