Must Have Strong Writing and Adobe Design Skills
Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and operational planning, board development, fund development training and implementation, data and research, and creative services. Together, we have raised more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors. We work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are a successfully scaling company.
We have a BIG Vision.
The Root Agency was incubated to provide the team, tools, and processes to lead nonprofits making a local impact in communities across the world--while delivering an immediate ROI. Our vision is to help as many philanthropic efforts take root and grow to maturity and to scale our company to serve more.
We need a strong Communications Associate.
The Communications Associate will devote their time supporting client work and The Root Agency brand, marketing, and communications needs. The Communications Associate will work directly with the Founder & CEO and collaborate with the COO and development associates—working in cross-functional teams. The expectation of this role is to execute projects in-house and manage out-of-house vendors and projects across multiple clients. The scope of work includes and is not limited to writing and graphic design of brochures, sponsorship packets, annual reports, website, social media strategy and content creation, direct mail/annual appeals, company collateral, conference communications, and more. This role is responsible for the comprehensive brand adherence and experience. This translates to the digital and exhibitor booth and in-person brand experience as well. The Associate is also responsible for guiding and implementing internal communications ie. Learning and Development Powerpoints and video library. This role may be a mix of client-facing and internal project management and execution. We expect our team to adapt to company needs. This role may require up to 10% of time traveling for conferences, client site visits, etc.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional and Business Growth.
• Provide fresh, polished and on-brand communications deliverables for
multiple clients in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with TRA Team Associates and prioritize communication
projects across multiple clients.
• Manage timelines, gathering content, and driving multi-media projects
across the finish line. A sample of projects might include: sponsorship
brochures, donor meeting packets, campaign collateral, web-portal
banners, and anniversary logos
• Work in a systematic way that supports The Root Agency's scaled growth
• Complete internal documentation of Communications Associate processes
• Perform basic duties such as digital filing, data entry, and scheduling
• Manage projects in collaboration with team members and clients
• Draft TRA Communications/Marketing budget
• Research and write blog entries that are in alignment with The Root
Agency business development plan
• Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally
• All other duties as assigned
We are a Hybrid Company.
We are physically located in Dunedin, FL, at the Hub above the Chamber of Commerce in Downtown Dunedin. We currently serve clients in 15 states. Our team members are located across the US. We prefer this position to have a
hybrid remote and in-office environment as our CEO will be working directly with this role. This is an exempt role. Traditional company hours are from 9:00-5:00, and our client work extends after office hours for some trainings. Up to 10% of work time could include travel for company retreats, conferences, client visits, etc.
Are You the Right Fit?
• Associate Degree with 5+ years experience or Bachelor's degree with 3+
years of communications experience required
• Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, scaling environment
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-
functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment with
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping
others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, design, technology, and powerpoint skills
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Google Drive, Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology
and software platforms
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite required with demonstrated portfolio
• Experience in Asana, Wix, and Kajabi desired
• Experience with Video production and editing a plus
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000. We provide 10 days of PTO in addition to closing the week of Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at the end of the year with generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: March 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
To apply please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Part I:
a. Cover Letter, Resume with applicable experience, Writing, and Design
• Part II: (Video or Written Submission)
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Explain your achievements and advancements in this field
c. What ideas might you suggest to expand our company brand or work
with our clients