Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and fund development planning, fundraising training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Together, we have raised more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors. We work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are starting our fifth year as a quickly growing startup.
We have a BIG Vision.
Our vision is to help as many worthy nonprofit missions and corporate philanthropic strategies/foundations go from start up to growth and maturity and to scale our company to expand the capacity that we are able to serve.
We need a strong Communications Associate.
The Communications Associate will offer communications strategy, project management, and creative deliverables for both clients and the company in the following media: web, print, social, new media, video, and public relations. We will be celebrating our official fifth year as an LLC, so it's an exciting time to help build out our brand for the next five years and to deliver critical development communications for our clients. This role will have a portfolio of clients and also be responsible for growing our communications clients and department. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and engage with team members and coordinate resolution of project challenges by communicating effectively and professionally to leaders and colleagues across virtual platforms. Local candidates preferred.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional and Business Growth.
• Provide fresh, polished and on-brand communications deliverables for clients
in a timely manner. Collaborate with Development Associates and prioritize
communication projects across multiple clients. Manage timelines,
gathering content, and driving multi-media projects across the finish line. A sample of
projects might include: sponsorship brochures, donor meeting packets, campaign collateral, web-portal banners, and anniversary logos
• Act as a liaison and provide support to Sales team members. In collaboration
with the Sales team, create compelling company collateral, implement marketing to
generate leads, and conduct follow up communications
• Drive internal communications brand and strategy, establishing internal
communications assets and processes.
• Draft/Manage the Communications/Marketing Budget. Draft annual
communications/marketing budget along with special project budgets.
• Efficiently and effectively manage multiple, complex and results-oriented
projects with quick turn-around requirements.
• Manage the company website and social media content.
• Provide virtual event management support as requested.
• Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
• Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
We are a Hybrid Company.
We are physically located in Dunedin, FL, at the Hub above the Chamber of Commerce in Downtown Dunedin. We currently serve clients in 10 states. Our team members are located across the US. Local candidates preferred. The work environment for this role is a hybrid remote/office position.
Are You the Right Fit?
• Bachelor's degree with communications experience preferred
• Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, scaling environment
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast- paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment with diverse teams
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, design, technology, and powerpoint skills
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive,
Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software platforms
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite required with demonstrated portfolio
• Experience in CRM and Asana a plus
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position is $40,000-$50,000. We provide 10 days of PTO in addition to closing the week of Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at the end of the year with generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: February 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
To apply please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Part I:
a. Cover Letter, Resume with applicable experience, Writing, and Design Samples
• Part II: (Video or Written Submission)
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Why are you the best person for this job?