Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and fund development planning, fundraising training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Our team has experience raising more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors, and we work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are starting our fifth year as a quickly growing startup.
We have a BIG Vision.
Our vision is to help as many worthy nonprofit missions and corporate philanthropic strategies/foundations go from start up to growth and maturity and to scale our company to expand the capacity that we are able to serve.
We need a strong Development Coordinator.
The Development Coordinator will offer support with client onboarding, prospect research, preparation of proprietary materials and tools for client meetings and will devote 80% of their time supporting our client work and 20% of their time supporting our company growth. The Development Coordinator will work directly with the Development Associate and collaborate with The Root Agency team. The role will extend to be client-facing to queue meetings, draft materials, and conduct proprietary processes and trainings as needed. This role may require up to 20% of time traveling out of state to conferences and client sites when safe to do so.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional, Client, and Business Growth.
• Provide client support for three to six clients
• Prepare proprietary materials tools and trainings for clients and prospective clients
• Provide administrative support for The Root Agency proprietary Service Delivery Setup Process which includes all fund development evaluation, analysis, planning and material preparation processes and implementation support
• Provide administrative support for The Root Agency proprietary Service Delivery
Process to include ongoing fund development implementation support, annual
reporting, and strategic and operational planning processes
• Complete internal documentation of Development Coordinator processes and assist in modifying systems for operational efficiency
• Perform basic administrative duties such as digital filing, data entry, and scheduling
• Manage web training technology as needed
• Research and write blog entries that are in alignment with The Root Agency business development plan
• All other duties as assigned
We are a Virtual Company.
We are physically located in Dunedin, FL, yet our clients services is in nine states. Our team members are located across the US. Up to 20% of work time could include travel out of town for company retreats, conferences or client visits when safe to do so.
Are You the Right Fit?
• BA/BS degree or similar college education (preferably in communications, public relations, nonprofit management and/or marketing)
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast- paced, and constantly evolving virtual environment
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Ability to identify challenges, independently perform research, and recommend strategy and process improvement
• Excellent writing, editing, design, and formal presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit fundraising or corporate philanthropic strategy
• Passion and ownership of your work with the desire to meet the high expectations required for a fast-growing business
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive,
Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software platforms
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Trello, Asana, CRM, fundraising software, and Donor Search
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position starts at $36,500. 12 Sick Days and 10 Vacation Days per year. Generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: Spring/Summer 2021
To apply please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Resume with applicable fundraising results
• Why do you want to work with us?
• Why are you the best person for this job?