Part-time Executive Assistant
Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and fund development planning, fundraising training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Our team has experience raising more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors, and we work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are starting our fifth year as a quickly growing startup.
We have a BIG Vision.
Our vision is to help as many worthy nonprofit missions and corporate philanthropic strategies/foundations go from start up to growth and maturity and to scale our company to expand the capacity that we are able to serve.
We need an experienced Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant will offer comprehensive support to the CEO, coordinating the company's special projects, including presentation and learning modules, assigning client tasks, and managing the agency's office operations and administrative processes. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and engage with team members and coordinate resolution of project challenges by communicating effectively and professionally to leaders and colleagues across virtual platforms. This role will serve as part of the core in-office team in Clearwater, FL, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EST.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional and Business Growth.
• Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and
requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to
ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Act as a liaison and provide support to Sales/Marketing team members. Arrange
and handle all logistics for sales/marketing meetings and events; update website and
social media as needed. Coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on
contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability
to effectively lead the agency, including: assisting with special projects,
designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting
and preparing information for meetings with team members, clients, and third-party
influencers; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists;
making travel arrangements; completing expense and mileage reports; overseeing
technical logistics and recording minutes of meetings; and ensure digital files are in
order and accessible to the team.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies
on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or
critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or
response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO's style and agency policies and
• Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming
commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a
"barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the agency and with clients
and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings,
• Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth
communication between the CEO and team members, demonstrating leadership to
maintain credibility, trust, and support with the team. Complete projects by assigning
work to appropriate team members, on behalf of the CEO.
• Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in
developing office policies and procedures for improved work flow and anticipate future
needs as organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase
equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
• Efficiently and effectively manage multiple, complex and results-oriented
projects with quick turn-around requirements.
• Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies,
• Provide event management support as requested.
• Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
• Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
• Check PO Box and process and distribute daily mail.
• Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
• Manage petty cash reimbursements and reconciliation.
• Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
We are a Hybrid Company.
Our office is located in Clearwater, FL, yet we serve clients in nine states currently. Our team members are located across the US. This position is critical to effective operations and is required to be in office.
Are You the Right Fit?
• Associates or Bachelor's degree with Administrative/Executive Assistance experience
• Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, scaling environment
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast- paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment with diverse teams
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, and powerpoint skills
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive,
Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software platforms
• Experience with or quick learner for basic functions in Adobe Creative Suite, Asana,
This is a Part-time Position.
The position is $18-$25 per hour based on experience. We are closed the week of Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at the end of the year. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: Immediate
To apply please submit the following via email to noël@therootagency.com.
• Part I:
a. Cover Letter and Resume with applicable experience
• Part II: (Video or Written Submission)
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Why are you the best person for this job?