Senior Development Associate
Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and operational planning, board development, fund development training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Together, we have raised more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors, and we work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are a successfully scaling company.
We have a BIG Vision.
The Root Agency was incubated to provide the team, tools, and processes to lead nonprofits making a local impact in communities across the world--while delivering an immediate ROI. Our vision is to help as many philanthropic efforts take root and grow to maturity and to scale our company to serve more.
We need a strong Senior Development Associate.
The Associate will devote 85% of their time to supporting our client work and 15% of their time supporting our company growth. The Associate will work directly with the Chief Operating Officer of the company and collaborate with The Root Agency team. The Associate will offer support with all client on-boarding, prospect research, preparation of proprietary materials and tools for client meetings and activities. In addition, the Associate will support client training and implementation of strategic planning, fund development planning, fundraising, and donor-centric communications. The role is client-facing to queue meetings, draft materials, facilitate proprietary processes and conduct trainings. We expect our team to adapt to company needs. Local candidates are preferred. This role may require up to 10% of time traveling to conferences and client sites.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional, Client, and Business Growth.
• Schedule and facilitate client meetings for three to six clients
• Onboard new clients
• Manage client setup and service delivery to include analysis of
organizational needs and facilitating fund development planning,
fundraising implementation, training, and developing donor centric
• Set Annual Plan Timeline from The Root Agency development modules
• Prepare proprietary materials and tools and facilitate trainings and
development activities for clients and prospective clients as related to
strategic and operational planning, board development, fund development
training and implementation, data and research, and creative services
• Complete internal documentation of Senior Development
Associate processes and assist in modifying systems for operational
• Perform basic administrative duties such as digital filing, data entry, and
• Manage web training technology as needed
• Research and write blog entries that are in alignment with The Root Agency
business development plan
• All other duties as assigned
We are a Hybrid Company.
We are physically located in Dunedin, FL, at the Hub above the Chamber of Commerce in Downtown Dunedin. We currently serve clients in 15 states. Our team members are located across the US. This position may be fully remote or access to work in a hybrid office environment. Up to 10% of work time could include travel for company retreats, conferences or client visits.
Are You the Right Fit?
• BA/BS degree or similar college education (preferably in communications,
public relations, nonprofit management and/or marketing) with 2 years
experience as a development coordinator or similar role
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-
functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping
others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Ability to identify challenges, independently perform research, and
recommend strategy and process improvement
• Excellent writing, editing, design, and formal presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit fundraising or corporate
• Passion and ownership of your work with the desire to meet the high
expectations required for a fast-growing business
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google
Drive, Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Asana, Slack, Salesforce NP Success
Pack CRM, Donor Search, and other fundraising software preferred
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$75,000 based on experience and skills. 2 weeks PTO plus a week off at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off in December and generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Application Deadline: Rolling Until Hire
Expected Start Date: March 1st
To apply please submit the following via email to email@example.com.
• Part I:
a. Cover Letter and Resume with applicable fundraising results
• Part II: (Video or Written Submission)
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Why are you the best person for this job?