Take Root and Grow With Us!
We are ROOTed in the mission of our clients.
The Root Agency helps philanthropy take root and grow--through strategic and fund development planning, fundraising training and implementation, donor-centric communications, and community engagement. Together, we have raised more than $100 million across nonprofit sectors. We work with national brand nonprofits like Big Brothers Big Sisters and Habitat for Humanity and local nonprofits like the Catholic Student Center at USF. We are starting our fifth year and, we are positioning to scale.
We have a BIG Vision.
Our vision is to help as many philanthropic efforts take root and grow to maturity and to scale our company to serve more.
We need a Grant Writer.
The Grant Writer will devote 90% of their time to research, writing, and managing the grant process and impact reporting for several small nonprofit clients and 10% of their time supporting our company growth through research and contributing to our blog. The Grant Writer will work with Associates of the company and collaborate on assigned client work. The Grant Writer will attend weekly to bi-monthly grant planning calls with multiple clients and prepare proprietary materials and tools to implement client activities required to secure grants. The majority of our client grants are online applications with generally no more than 3-page project proposals. We expect our team to adapt to company needs. Local candidates are preferred.
Your Responsibilities will Sow the Seeds for Professional, Client, and Business Growth.
• Schedule and conduct client grant activity progress meetings
• Discover client program funding needs and research funders that align with client mission and projects
• Set up Grants Management Tracking and coordinate with client to ensure moves management in their donor database
• Draft, review, revise, and submit grants on behalf of assigned clients
• Keep all grant files and supporting documents up to date and organized on The Root Agency shared drive
• Manage, draft, review, revise, and submit impact reporting
• Draft cultivation and stewardship materials for assigned client funders
• Complete internal documentation of Grant Writer processes and assist in modifying systems for operational efficiency
• Draft grant training materials and participate in video web trainings as needed
• Research and write blog entries that are in alignment with The Root Agency business development plan
• All other duties as assigned
We embrace a Hybrid Model.
We are physically located in Dunedin, FL, yet our clients stretch across 10 states. Up to 10% of work time could include travel for training, company retreats, conferences, or client visits. Our team members are located across the US. We have a hybrid remote/office work environment.
Are You the Right Fit?
• BA/BS degree or similar college education (preferably in communications, public relations, nonprofit management, English, Writing)
• Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast- paced, and constantly evolving hybrid environment
• Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
• Ability to identify challenges, independently perform research, and recommend strategy and process improvement
• Excellent writing and formal presentation skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit fundraising specifically with grant writing
• Passion and ownership of your work with the desire to meet the high expectations required for a fast-growing business
• Value altruism and philanthropic endeavors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive,
Apple products, Zoom, and multiple technology and software platforms
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Trello, Asana, CRM, fundraising software, Donor Search, Guidestar, and foundation research products
This is a Full-time Position.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$80,000. 2 weeks PTO plus a week off at Thanksgiving, two weeks off in December and generous holiday schedule. Meaningful work in a supportive team environment.
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
To apply please submit the following via email to email@example.com.
• Part 1:
a. Writing sample and resume with applicable grant writing results
• Part 2:
a. Why do you want to work with us?
b. Why are you the best person for this job?